Mum to Mum started as a private Facebook group in Milton Keynes back in in 2008 after the founder had her first child and wanted a place to message all of her new ‘mum’ friends.
Slowly the community grew and businesses were looking to advertise to this wonderfully engaged group. Now standing at over 16,100 members and gaining over 500 new members each month, it is recommended all over Milton Keynes as the ‘go to’ community.
“The Google of Milton Keynes!”
The full social media community that has grown from this group now stands at over 40,000 followers with Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
In 2014 it changed to a non-profit small business, as 100% was donated to charity until we reached £5,000 and then in 2017 it grew into a small business with a new website @ www.mumtomumuk.com a one-stop local life directory which offers advertising packages, PR, brand awareness and networking opportunities.
This website is shared daily across all of our social media channels, with a reach of over 200,000 and promoted within our community daily to help our members when they need support and recommendations.
Advertising packages from £11.25 per month and great PR from £100 per month – We are over 50% cheaper and 100% better than other Business Directories.
Things have changed a great deal for Mum to Mum, and there are now several different ways of working with us. I wanted to explain a bit about what’s available so that you can decide what’s going to be best for you and your business going forward. I’ve begun collaborations with some of the biggest names in Milton Keynes – such as Centre:mk, Top Jump, and Frosts Garden Centre – and Mum to Mum is now recognised as a trusted brand and a top choice for local advertising. Read more at ‘about us’
Our new advertising pricing structure reflects our reach and the quality of the promotion we can offer you.
So there are now 4 ways to work with us or join us at events.
- Join our online Business Directory: which will allow you to promote twice a month to our members in the Mum to Mum Facebook group. From £60 per year
- Join our Mum to Mum VIP Card: Create an offer for our Mum to Mum VIP Card – a discount scheme that is unique to our community, that gives them access to an exclusive collection of offers from some of Mum to Mum’s biggest directory names. It’s a great opportunity for our member businesses, too – there is no fee to be included, and your business is featured in all of the marketing and promotion of the scheme, as well as the new customers you’ll be attracting with your offer. Free to join
- Advertise in our magazine: In November 2018 we launched our first Mum to Mum Magazine. In partnership with Hannah Armitage – the voice of A Mum’s Life radio show @ Mum to Mum Mag – Digital Version From £35 for 1/8 page
- Join us at our monthly Networking events: The Support Local ethos has been critical to us from the start of the Mum to Mum journey, and it’s all been brought together with the other arm of the business, The SJPoole Network. It’s local networking for small businesses, with a huge emphasis on collaboration and making connections, as well as learning some top tips and strategies from expert speakers. From £25 per event – no membership required.
Charity – 25% of our VIP Card is donated to 6 local charities @ mumtomumvip.com/our-charities
If you work with Mum to Mum you are guaranteed:
- A group post reach of over 16,100 local members – 14,900 of which currently engage from Facebook group insights. Plus an overall digital and print reach of over 50,000 followers.
- A chance to work with a brand that is well known in the Milton Keynes area and a website directory that has thousands of hits every week. Word of mouth is the best form of advertising and this group loves recommending great services.
- More sales and no need to spend thousands on wasted advertising. Respectfully staying affordable at this time to support small businesses and startups.
- Improve your Google ranking by being featured on the Mum to Mum business directory or upgrade to an advertorial.
- Advertising across all areas of our social media, print, and radio in our top packages.
Join us today: Getting your company listed in an online business directory like this is one of the most cost-effective ways of building brand awareness and gaining new clients.
Contact: Sam Poole and Rebecca Chamberlain @ email@example.com for further information.
Testimonials: “Thank You to ‘Mum to Mum – Milton Keynes’ – within 3 days of posting a status about an additional new venue & swimming classes we had filled the available 20 spaces with new clients directly from your group.” – Zara, Little Turtle Swim Company
“I had 140 likes on my Facebook page; after buying a promotion package from Mum to Mum, they leaped to 250 within the first month. My orders are up, and networking with other Mum to Mum businesses means I can team up with party providers to offer package deals. It’s fantastic!”– Lindsay, Sweet Bootique
“I would definitely recommend promoting with Mum to Mum to other local businesses reading this right now. I’ve had so many customers who have come through the page and it’s wonderful when admin recommend you too!” – Lu, Forget Me Not Cakery
“We’ve had several new referrals and some lovely new customers from the Mum to Mum community – word of mouth recommendations are one of the best ways to get new business.” – Jamie, Jamie’s Carpets
“I wanted to say a massive thank you for your quick response in referring me to potential customers. I have had a lot of business and met some really nice families this year. I am now getting multiple referrals and good reviews. I really appreciate your help!” Matt, Aardvark Carpet Cleaning MK