They’re always starving – here are some ideas for healthy snacks, to help satisfy their appetites.
“I have 4 children, 3 of them in full-time school, as soon as we get in after school, they’re….STARVING! They all have at least 3 pieces of fruit at lunch time, so carrot sticks and raisins just aren’t cutting it! Please blast me with your healthy and quick snack suggestions – thank you.”
Our Awesome Mums replied with…
- Egg muffins (put any ingredients in muffin tray and fill with egg and bake)
EGG MUFFINS RECIPE: Pre-heat your oven to 180 for a fan oven Spray 12 hole muffin pan with Spray ‘n Cook (if you’re a Saffa like me lol), otherwise use a non-stick spray, or you can even user muffin cases if you like. Half fill the tin with fillings of your choice. Cheese, ham, bacon, chopped peppers, sweetcorn, spring onions, goats cheese. Beat 8 eggs, then distribute evenly between the 12 holes. Place in oven and cook for 20-25 minutes. Yum! You can nuke them too if they’ve been in the fridge. Great for picnics. Good luck!
- hummus and carrots.
- Use shape cutters on Sandwiches to create star or heart sandwiches.
- Toasted pitta bread slices with a dip.
- Mini pizza ( muffin in half, spread some tomato paste/sauce, top with veg/meat & grill)
- Home made flapjacks always go down well & sustain their energy until tea time. Recipe at www.bbcgoodfood.com
- Rice cakes with peanut butter
- Broccoli muffins which go down a treat too.” www.clareslittletots.co.uk
- Popcorn: “I have an air popcorn maker, my girls love it just plain and as it’s an air popper it doesn’t even need any fat plus it’s so quick and easy and feels like a treat.”
- Pancakes with banana
- Eggy bread
- American style thicker pancakes: @ www.foodhero.org
- Raspberry banana smoothie: Whizz 85g raspberries together with 1 chopped banana and 150ml orange juice until smooth (serves 1) @ www.allrecipes.co.uk
- Fruit Salad – You can make a big bowl up and keep it in the fridge!
Another fab snack link: @ www.bbcgoodfood.com